Monday, November 27, 2006

Vintage Children's Books

I don't have children of my own, but I enjoy finding old books for their illustrations (especially the pen and ink ones), or for gifts. Here are some recent finds:
Little Red Riding Hood, 1967
Adorable "Little Red Riding Hood" from 1967. It originally had a Peepul Pals doll to go with it. I checked ebay, and Peepul also had games and paperdolls...similar to Little Kiddles.
Red Riding Hood, 1967
Thrift store price: tag says 60 cents, but if I remember correctly, it was a dime.

Cannonball Simp, 1966
"Cannonball Simp", a cute little book from 1966, about a dog who joins the circus.
Thrift store price: 50 cents.

trees illustration, 1966
Trees illustration from an amazing book, "A Tree Named Moses", by Laura Nelson Baker, 1966. I adore this book.
Thrift store price for former library book: 50 cents.

Bird illustration from same book:
bird illustration, 1966

The Swineherd
Fun fable, "The Swineherd". Whimsical illustrations, though not very detailed.
No date, but perhaps late 70's. How sad that I'm labeling that 'vintage'. Sigh.
Thrift store price: 45 cents.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger jungle dream pagoda said...

OMIGOD ! I have a peepal pals book and even a little betty ballerina ornament( i thought she was an ornament until I found the book)If I could scan and post better,I wouild show that stuff off!

10:09 AM  
Blogger Shopaholic D said...

these are cute...perhaps i shouldn't try to talk my parents into de-junking everything out of the house - they still have many of my children's books!

:) D

7:21 PM  
Blogger j. wilson said...

eeee! i grew up with the pee-pul pals books and always wanted the little dolls...i think i may have my riding hood book somewhere...how fun!

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home