Friday, December 08, 2006

Neckties

One of my favorite things to find while thrifting, is bags of neckties. You know, ties that didn't sell at the $2 or $3 each price, so they cram them all into a bag. Today I got 125 neckties for $4.95. I've actually paid less before. I swear, opening those bags is like digging for treasure--there are always some especially delightful finds.
Neckties
Look at the wine bottles! The Escher-esque frogs!

More neckties
Fun beach scene! And look at the fish!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Heidi said...

I love all the creative things you do with ties! I've been buying them because I use them as handles for my recycled felted sweater purses, but I've been paying between $1-$3 at the thrift store. I especially like the ones that are vintage and narrow. Someday I will post about my vintage chair made of ties!

6:03 AM  
Blogger Jodi Ohl said...

Barb if you have any nice brand name (higher end ties in there), try selling them in lots on ebay! LOL I used to sell them and do pretty well, you'd definitely make your money back on a just a few sales!

Anyway-Great score!

4:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:37 PM  
Blogger jungle dream pagoda said...

Wow ! what thrift? I 've put together skirtsfor my oldest and she would like more,but I hate buying one at a time.

7:36 AM  
Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

Wonderful finds!! Dreamy!!

3:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home