Friday, February 09, 2007

Yay, finally a day to thrift again!

Today was bonus check day, so I thought I'd treat myself to a stop in at a little row of thrift shops in Poway. One store was giving half off everything, and two of them accepted my debit card as payment (always a bonus).
I didn't have much time before closing, so I just concentrated on the sewing area. Well, and ties of course.

I found some weird neckties (love the turkey!)
Weird and Wonderful Neckties

A couple of patterns. Too small, but for a nickel each, I figure they are good for styling ideas.
Simple summer patterns

A couple of fabrics--the green strawberry print is actually an apron in a hospital gown-style. Stained, but I can save the best bits of fabric for the strawberry quilt I'm planning to make. Cost: $1
The red is a flocked heavy upholstery type that I thought would make a great carpet bag. Maybe Amy Butler's 'Madison'. Cost for a large piece: $4 (more than I usually spend, but I really liked it).
Thrifted fabrics

And a big plastic recipe box filled with recipe cards.
The Betty Crocker Recipe Card Library. Cost: $1
I am having so much fun looking through these
Popcorn Balls

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Heidi said...

A strawberry quilt? What a cute idea. I have a piece of strawberry fabric I can send you. Send your snail mail address to me at schlumpfh@claretians.org.

Love the pink and red fabric. What great finds.

And I haven't forgotten (well, actually, I had) to post my tie chair for you. I"m not home this weekend but will do this next week.

5:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home