Saturday, June 30, 2007

Cute china plate

 


I got this painted mice plate while thrifting the other day.
The handles are painted gold.
The maker's mark says Rosenthal, and beneath this it say Bavaria, and Donatello.

So I guess I have a Bavarian china cheese plate.

I just love whimsical items, so I couldn't pass this by despite the fact that it was not inexpensive, especially by thrift store terms.
But I had just gotten paid, and the cash was burning a hole in my pocket.

I paid $16. The plate had a tag that said 'rare'.
I wonder if it originally had a matching cover?
All I know is that I like it.
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger L said...

That is the cutest plate ever. :)

12:02 PM  
Blogger Sarah and Jack said...

Oh, it is cute!

6:39 AM  
Anonymous thriftymomma said...

aww...how cute! I would have bought that without a second thought! love your blog. I am a die hard thrifter and am doing a blog about living a year with only thrifted items, and no retail. My kids just love it! lol

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home